Sunday 3 January 2016

Wonky Houses & Ice Houses


A New Year has brought with it new ideas, I’ve been experimenting making wonky paper houses based on the drawings I did on the brick pebbles and used for my christmas card design.

Also using one of Rob’s wooden houses as a forma had a go at making a latex mould to see if I could make some Ice Houses, an idea suggested by one of my daughters when we were discussing the project to her during her christmas visit. 

Because water expands as it turns to ice, they are coming out slightly bulging, but I quite like that, it’s sort of making them different houses again to the ones they have been moulded from. 

Spurred on by the success of the initial experimental one I have now set up a production line to make several more moulds, again using Rob’s different house designs as formas with a view to creating a village of Ice Houses for a photo shoot.

Rob's wooden houses with the first coat of latex drying. 



No comments:

Post a Comment